Friday, September 10, 2010

Now that the Emmy® Red Carpet Dust Has Settled...


Yes.
It's a week later and while I'm still basking in the afterglow of TV's biggest night, I wanted to share my Emmy® Experience with you:

First and foremost, let me gush about my amazing TV Guide Network red carpet team: Chris Harrison, Tanika Ray and Marc Istook.  I loved our red carpet coverage and was extremely blessed to be working with such talented hosts. You rock!!  
But as you know, it takes a village and we could not have done our job without such an amazing support group such as our Producers, Directors, Hair & Makeup team, PA's, et al.  I truly believe that we have the best "DREAM TEAM" in town.

Be proud, be very proud.

AND NOW IT'S TIME TO BRING ON THE CELEBS....

My first red carpet run-in was something to sing about: Emmy winner Jane Lynch from Glee glowed in a one-shoulder Ali Rahimi aubergine gown complete with Swarovski’s silver crystal Clutch and a diamond brooch from her sister-in-law.
With Jane Lynch: One of my best-dressed of the night!
She was so warm and lovely,  and I hear that no matter where she is, this Glee star is friendly and happy to greet her fans.
Love that!
Go here for a preview of the season two premiere of Glee!...

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/video/new-glee-clip-first-peek-at-the-season-2-premiere

Next, I got to meet one of my fave celebs, Kyra Sedgwick, another Emmy winner!
She stars in one of my all time fave movies, "Heart and Souls."  I actually just watched it again the other night. If you haven't seen it, do it now.
It also stars Robert Downey, Jr. and Alfre Woodard. It's sweet, poignant , sometimes funny.
Read more about it here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107091/

Anyway, Kyra glowed on Emmy day in a strapless, cabernet-colored Monique Lhuillier gown and Ophera jewels.
She was absolutely delicious!

Next on the red was Edie Falco. The original New Jersey Housewife. BAH DAH BING!
Have ALWAYS loved her from The Sopranos and how she's evolved into Nurse Jackie really shows what a pro she is as an actress.
But, standing there with her on the Emmy carpet I realized what is so attractive about Edie is that she never seems to be aware of how GREAT she really is.
She was saying how she didn't do any hardcore planning in terms of wardrobe for the night. She just sort of threw her look together because as she put it to me, her priority is "...my kids."
That just makes her even more attractive all the way around.
She was also wearing a PERFECT dress for her walk down Emmy red: A one-shouldered, Navy chiffon Bottega Veneta gown. Plus, she chose elegant black pave diamond earrings to finish off the look.

When Las Vegas-native, Rutina Wesley aka "Tara" from True Blood strutted her hotness in front of me,  I was SO excited because that show is definitely a guilty pleasure.... but joy was turned to disappointment when she wouldn't give me ANY juicy details about the big season finale.  UGH!

Not only do I love working the red, but when I see friends like Julie Benz , whom I've known for quite a while, it's nice to just catch up and share some laughs.
Julie Benz glowed in Pamella Rowland! My best-dressed of Emmy night!
Last season she was great on Dexter and Desperate Housewives, and word is that her new show, No Ordinary Family, is a super cool family dramedy.
It premieres on ABC 9/28 @ 8p.

As for Emmy style: JB knocked it outta the park!  She just GLOWED in a one-shoulder, ivory silk, Pamella Rowland gown with beaded cut-out hip detail. ROCK STAR STYLE, plus my best dressed of the night.
 


Now, just when we were about to wrap it up for the evening, none other than my favorite American Idol, the beautiful, sweet and petite, Paula Abdul , came up to me with a BIG hug and a smile. The buzz is that she's got something big coming up, and between you and me, she's SO not being voted off !  I love that one...  A LOT.
PA=SO sweet

Well,  Emmy® Sunday 2010 was all said ... but NOT done!
It was time to meet with the producers and prep for my hosting duties of the 2010 Emmy Fashion Wrap!
If you have not seen it, check out this link to catch highlights:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9G5dT0rZUQ


I mean, who wouldn't want to spend the morning with Real Housewife of NYC, Countess (MAH FRIEND) LuAnn de Lesseps, Project Runway Alum and designer, Nick Verreos, celeb stylist, Jen Rade , and Hair Guru, Kim Vo.  Pure Emmy fashion deliciousness...

Nick, Jen, LuAnn
Jen,  Kim Vo & Nick ... and Kim's Louis Vuitton driving loafers.


Ok. I think that covers Emmy 2010.
Maybe I can finally take off my tux and get ready for FASHION'S NIGHT OUT IN NYC.

Stay tuned and stay stylish!...

LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment