Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 2011 & Welcome to Awards Season!

Can't believe we're in 2011 and only a day away from The Golden Globes!
I mean, I'm just finally out of the post holiday / New Year haze, and now I'm seeing nothing but red carpets in my future!
: )
Well, first let me tell you how excited I am to kick off the season with THIS Monday's Golden Globe Red Carpet Fashion Wrap on the TV Guide Network this Monday @ 8p.
I'm joined by my amazing and stylish crew of experts including Nick Verreos and Jen Rade.
Follow them at
@nickverreos1 and @stylistjenrade
Plus, I'll be tweeting live from the red carpet, so be sure to follow me:

@lawrencezarian














Have a look at this and please watch Monday night/8p/TV Guide Network.


 


Before I get into what we might expect to see on this year's Golden Globe red carpet, here are a few of my faves from last year.
Remember these BEAUTIES?




They held it all together during last season's rainy Golden Globe night (OMG: do you remember all those poor publicists holding umbrellas?!) ,  but fortunately the forecast for THIS season is sunny and FABULOUS with a side of fresh colors and "Modern Goddess."
That's right, my Golden Globe Style Sources are telling me that we can expect to see plenty of updated "Goddess" gowns in fresh, bold colors and some with a hit of unexpected flair. (Can you say: color blocking,  jewels, feathers and fringe?)

Personally, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis from "Black Swan" are certainly ones to watch!
Natalie, in the early stages of her pregnancy, is sure to WOW with her natural beauty and the added maternal glow.
Mila is just a fresh face full of personality, humor and style. Have you seen her on the cover of Cosmo?
VAVOOM!

Of course, I can't wait to see Angelina Jolie (and Brad??)
And how will Amy Adams and Melissa Leo from "The Fighter" walk the red?
Will the s t u n n i n g Halle Berry top them all?? 
Lea Michele from "Glee" always makes bold choices.
Will January Jones from "Mad Men" take her usual, edgy style turn?
How about elegant Claire Danes from "Temple Grandin" or Jennifer Love Hewitt nominated for "The Client List?"
Others I'm watching: Julianna Marguiles from "The Good Wife", Tina Fey from "30 Rock" and Piper Perabo from "Covert Affairs."

As for the men?
Here's hoping Christian Bale from "The Fighter" and Colin Firth from "The King's Speech" make the right choices. Hint: Look to Mr. Clooney as your style guide!
Plus, you know Golden Globe fave, Johnny Depp (nominated as Best Actor for BOTH "The Tourist" and "Alice in Wonderland" ) will always add his own style twist to the evening.
"Mad Men" lead , Jon Hamm always seems to do it right, and I will look forward to seeing "Glee's" Matthew Morrison.

The Golden Globes are all about stars giving awards to stars (you'll hardly ever see an agent, manager or publicist sitting at the table) and celebrating their respective casts.
The Moet & Chandon is free flowing, which always makes for a fun and memorable night!

Here's a link to see some of the top 10 past Golden Globe moments:



Remember to watch me host The TV Guide Golden Globes Fashion Wrap this Monday night @ 8p...













OK kids, off to prep for the Red and get it together for Monday's Fashion Wrap!
No matter where you are, remember to get your glam on and watch!
More to come , so stayed tuned!

lz


No comments:

Post a Comment